• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is my snake a normal size?

muffinman206

My snake is about a year old now.

She is around 22 inches long
She weighs 40 grams
And her girth is about 1.5 inches

She seems a little small bit small. Thanks

That seems like the right length, but not sure about the weight? I would think she should weigh more than that. :shrugs:

I don't always have mice available. I have a surpluss at the moment though, think I should give her a fuzzy and a half? Or maybe start buying pinkies again and just give her two instead of one. At the moment I'm feeding her 1 fuzzy at a time.

My snake is every bit of 22" maybe a bit more.And she has a good healthy build.I would say she was born last July or August.She gets 1 fuzzy every 5th day.I should weigh her !!

You can't really justify normal as there is no set benchmark. Some snakes are slow growers and will never be more than a 3ft 300 gram or less adult. Others will be 5ft and over 900 grams.

I have 05's with upto 100 grams between them, simply because some are much better growers.

Dean (Roy Munson) has yearlings over 300 grams. Others have adults this size. It all depends on the individual snake.

Tula_Montage said:
Dean (Roy Munson) has yearlings over 300 grams.

:eek: That's huge! LOL my adult is that big, and she's an '04 or late '03 (not really sure, got her from PETCO so the details are fuzzy).

JasonGranger said:
:eek: That's huge! LOL my adult is that big, and she's an '04 or late '03 (not really sure, got her from PETCO so the details are fuzzy).

Well if I remember correctly ones an anery and its an exception to the rule. I could be wrong, can't quite remember.

My '06 corn is about 23" long and is around 50grams. She is not quite yearling...July she will be. So it sounds like yours is fairly well in line with mine, for whatever that is worth to you...

I'd say that 22 inches for one year old is a little on the small side. I have 4 8 month olds and 3 of them are at 20+ inches. From what I've seen you'll get faster growth out of a snake eating fuzzies than an equal weight in pinkies. I think fuzzies have more nutrition.

Back