• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is my snake growing to quick?

erosdq

I have a cornsnake who is not even a year old. In the last month she has shed twice, and is preparing to shed again within the next day or so. She currently eats 1 one and a half ounce med. fuzzy a week and she is fast approaching the 2 foot long mark. She is about as big around as a bic lighter. My question is this, am I overfeeding her? What, if any recommendations does anyone have for feeding her? I know that overfeeding can cause health issues, which is why I am asking.

Of course, all snakes grow at different rates. I wouldn't say that she is to large at a little less than a year old and a little less than 2 feet. She is a standard, maybe slightly larger than normal, snake, but I have a 2 year old that is 3 1/2 feet and 400+ grams, so I think you've just got a healthy snake on your hands. :)

Back