• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is my snake underweight?? please help

a12000

Hello, I just bought my bloodred corn snake, diglett sunday and I can feel the spine a bit. He eats PERFECT. I also see SOMTHING of a spine. Is he underweight?do you think he is underweight???:confused:[/FONT]

Feeling and seeing the spine as he moves around is fine. If it sticks up all the time even when he's resting and his body looks kind of triangular, then it's possible he may be underweight. If he's a hatchling or a youngster, they do tend to look naturally lean.

It's very difficult to tell without a photo. Is there any way you can get one for us?

here are the pics, I cant get any weight info, how do I weigh it (it is my first snake) it is about 2 I believe.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 152
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 68
If you have a healthy snake that you don't plan on breeding soon, you don't need to weight it. I tend to think you are just worried about the health of you snake. Which is good but I rather you spend you money on a proper set up first than a scale you’ll on use once?

If you have a digital food scale you can use that though.

Overall, I think you snake is fine.

Thank you. You replied very fast and gave me good advice. I agree that I am worried about it's health though. It is because I am 10 and my Dad will not let me get another if it dies.

Thank you. You replied very fast and gave me good advice. I agree that I am worried about it's health though. It is because I am 10 and my Dad will not let me get another if it dies.

As long as you have the proper set up and your new buddy isn't very old, you'll have him well past your college years :)
Congrats on the snake though, and I agree with everyone else, he looks like he's in good shape!

I agree with the others. He certainly looks to be in good shape from those photos and not underweight at all.

The fact that you can see his spine as he moves around, indicates that he has good muscle tone. That's exactly what you're looking for in a healthy Corn.

Good luck with your new friend!

If you are located in Boise, is that the bloodred from DNG snake rescue?! If so I ALMOST picked him up myself!
Yeah as a matter of fact it is. My friend's sister likes snakes too so we took her up der and got both the anery and the bloodred for 65 bucks. (She took the anery and me and my 8 year old brother took the bloodred) Our mom keeps our money and keeps track of it on a allowance app so my DAD had to stop at like 6 gas stations on the way to get the cash. (if you didn't know it was in between marsing and homedale, we BARELY went and got it)

Back