• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this a Charcoal

Pinkeye714

I wanna say yes, but i am not a professional. Besides, our eyes see what we want them to see sometimes. Thank you. This is a sibling to ones i have.

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

Definitely Anery based - whether or not Anery A or Anery B (charcoal) don't know by sight - what were the parents?? Some more information might help but really hard to tell most times unless breeding trials and knowns are involved.

Definitely Anery based - whether or not Anery A or Anery B (charcoal) don't know by sight - what were the parents?? Some more information might help but really hard to tell most times unless breeding trials and knowns are involved.

So far, i was told the parents are normals that are het for motley and anery. The person does not know if it is type A or B. since he got them from a friend who was into corn snakes morphs and did have use for hets. He was going to find out with his friend but for now i thought i would ask.

More than likely just an Anery A - the most common. Unless you were specifically told charcoal (Anery B) then I would say Anery A. Most breeders who say "anery" are referring to Anery A - breeders who deal with charcoal will tell you charcoal or Anery B specifically. Here is a link to Ians and some explanations if you dont already have them: http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/?sid=

Can definitely tell from the partial nice circular pattern that your snake is most likely het motley.

I say Charcoal. Black iris is THE kicker. Evident blueing to the head with blushing cheeks. Distinct Charcoal-like pattern that I expect to see when someone says it's a Charcoal.

D80

Charcoals just look...different...than anery A's...That one looks like a charcoal to me. Brent named three of the things folks look for; the blushing cheeks, dark iris and the bluish "cast" to the head...

Im also going to say charcoal. They have less contrast too, than anery A's. And a more iridescent look to them (thats how I see it anyway)

Thank you guys. wanted to say he was an Anery B. but i was only comparing what i have read online or slightly seen. I took this guy/girl home. I have one of its siblings, who i actually think is a Motley Charcoal. But only breeding them to an amel will i find out for sure eh. :]

Charcoal. And I still think your motley is likely either a charcoal motley, or an anery-charcoal motley.

Back