• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this a proplem?

Sunglow Cornsnake

Yellew and red, no dread.
Hello. My corn snakes temp is 75 on the cool side and 84 on the hot side. But at night the temps will rise. The hot side will get to 86 to 88 and the cool side will turn 80. Is this a proplem?

I don't understand why the temp would go up at night. Usually it is recommended to have the temps go down, as they would in nature. Maybe you could get a fan to blow on the viv at night to get some air flow in the tank to help bring down the temps. I guess it depends on the reason this is happening.

---Kenny

What i do with the snakes tank before i go to bed is turn off the lamp but not the red lamp. Then i close the door to my bed room, and i go to bed.

Here are some pics. The first pic is the tank when i sleep. The next pic is when im not asleep.

Attachments

• Abc at night.JPG
    Abc at night.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Abcd when im not asleep.JPG
    Abcd when im not asleep.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 75
Maybe the red light is a lot hotter than the other one then? Could you raise the light to lower the temp? Otherwise I don't really know why this would happen, or how else you could fix it. :S

---Kenny

I would say try to raise the light off the top of the tank to reduce the temp. Red lights can get much hotter than normal lights so that would be the problem. Maybe you could switch to a different type of bulb, I've heard of moonglow bulbs that might be cooler. Hope it all works out for you. ;)

---Kenny

Personally, I'd recommend you switch to a UTH and a thermostat.

Another option is to use a lower wattage lightbulb... but I still don't get exactly why your temps would go UP instead of down. It looks like you keep the red light on during the day too.

How are you measuring your temps? If you're using stick-on thermometers, discard them and get a digital probe thermometer. Stick-ons tend to be very inaccurate and you might not be getting a correct reading.

I was going to mention the sticky temp thing too. Plus if you close your door, you will get less 'fresh' air into your room which might be raising your temps. So I would suggest you either keep your door open or get a oscilateling fan and give that a try :) Good luck

Good news!!

I put a fan in my room. and it worked!! The the cool side stayed 75 and the hot side became 82. But it seemed to cold. so i turned it off. the cool side stayed 75 but the hoy side stayed 84 all night.:)

P.S. I cant leave the door open or else midnight (One of my cats) will try to eat him.

Back