• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this normal?

Snake guy23

My teacher friend has a female yearling snow cornsnake, and she is in a cage with a heated rock, a pool of water, and a rock formation with fake leaves sticking out of it. For the last two days (since she broght it into her class) it has been hiding under one of the leaves and not moving much, is this normal?? If it isnt could someonme tell me how I could I get her to come out from under there??:confused:

I'm a newbie...but here are my two cents anyways:

* I was under the impression that heat rocks can be harmful, one they have a tendency to get waaaaaaaaaay too hot and the snakes can burn themselves. Also, they seem to short out easily :(

* Is this a new setup for the snake? If so, he might just be adjusting...also, whats the temp in there? If it's too cold, that would explain the lethargy.

this is pretty normal for corn snakes to hide during the day. See if you have a chance to see if the corn is out at night. and like wannabevet said the snake might still be getting use to his cage to.

Heat/Hot rocks are EXTREMELY dangerous to reptiles, ESPECIALLY snakes! For one the snake is not getting proper heating from the rock at all. For two if it wants to warm up it would have to bask directly on the rock which in the past has caued snakes to fry, or get life threatening burns. I would tell your teacher this ASAP.

bmm

Back