• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this normal ?

8292tom

We noticed on Sunday 12/13 that Steve-o was in blue. I put a humid hide in his viv that he totally ignored all day Sunday. Monday morning he was in his humid hide and has not come out since. I posted on Sunday ( I think it was Sunday ) and ask about sheds since this is our first one with Steve-o and got good info. Thanks again to those who responded. I just misted his cage a little and changed out his water, and he never even poked his head out. I probably seem paranoid but, we only want Steve-o to be happy and healthy. So my question is, is this normal behavior or should we be concerned ? How long after a shed should we wait to feed him ? He refused his first feed with us and we have not attempted another feed yet as he was do on Monday for a second attempt,but decided not to try since he was in blue. Did we do the right thing ? I know here I go sounding paranoid again.

I've learned there are no bad questions here. Everyone is very willing to answer even the most paranoid questions lol ( I don't think you sound paranoid though...just new, like me).

I can't answer with any real knowledge but I know my corn hid out in his humid hide for a day and a half ( I peeked often anyway) and he did just fine.

I can't help you with the feeding question. Sorry.

Good Luck!

Hi Tom,

Yes, very normal for your corn to want to hide till he sheds. Don't worry too much or check him too much as it'll just cause stress.

Enjoy!

-Tonya

That little stinker !! After I posted this thread I took my dog for a walk, about 10 min. Came back in and checked the thread and two answers (thanks guys for the fast reply). Well I look over and there is Steve-o with his head sticking out of the humid hide lookin at me like I'm paranoid or somethin. I left the computer screen on this thread while I walked the dog. Next time I will minimize it. I did't know snakes could read.

I did't know snakes could read.
Oh yes! They're psychic as well - they can tell just what's going to freak you out, and time doing it to cause maximum stress!

It's a little known fact outside the herp world that CSI stands for Cornsnake Investigations; they love the forensics world......

Back