• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is this ok?

i was taught that white light couls mess up there sleeping habits...i use a red light, it does heat up though...but you can keep it on all night and not disturb there sleep...

Every light bulb will produce some manner of tempature change.
Turn on one of your lamps with a 40w for a half hour and see how warm it gets.

a 40w lamp is vastly different from Little LED lights which produce very little heat, and unless your using hundreds of them are IMO unlikely to change the ambient temp in a vivarium at all

Whats the purpose of the light, For heating or for decoration?.

How are you planning to wire it up? It looks like a 12v car bulb to me so wouldn't it just blow if you connected it to a mains supply?.

Whats the purpose of the light, For heating or for decoration?.

How are you planning to wire it up? It looks like a 12v car bulb to me so wouldn't it just blow if you connected it to a mains supply?.

possibly. im debating not getting that one now because ive just checked the temp in my snakes viv ands its lower than it should be and the heat mat is as high as it goes on the thermostat that ive got. so i was thinkin about gettin a red heat lamp. any ideas? it will be inside the viv though because the top is solid wood. would i need a guard so the snake can't get to it? also any links to suitable bulbs/guards would be helpful. thanks

yes for a red heat lamp thats going to be in the viarium you will need a guard, those things get really hot.

Seen as your in the UK try out www.livefoods.co.uk that site is amazing and they sell light guards, although be sure to measure up what you need properly, although i think they can make them to order anyways

Tom

Out of curiosity, what kind of heat mat do you have? And where are you measuring the temperature? Just curious cause when I first got my snake I didn't think the UTH I had was getting hot enough either but as it turned out I was wrong because I wasn't measuring the temperature where I should have been. Just thought I'd ask, just in case. :)

the thermostat is directly on top of the heat mat (no substrate inbetween.) and the thermometer is about that on top of the substrate. is that right?

oh n the heat mat looks like a semi transparent solar cell. its bendy aswell. i dnt know what type because it came with the viv that i bought off the breeder i got my snake from.

ive been looking for a light to put in my viv that i could posibly leave on all the time. and also with this i wont have to buy a guard so the snake cant get to it because LED's dont heat up. what do you all think?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=98577&doy=4m2

i want to leave it on at night aswelll. thanks.

I wouldn't put any light in my viv, you could put on the outside. On top of the screen or attached to side. Inside can cause your snake to get burned.

I wouldn't put any light in my viv, you could put on the outside. On top of the screen or attached to side. Inside can cause your snake to get burned.

i cnt put a light on the outside because the only glass on the viv is the front sliding panels.

Back