• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this okay?

Amyshizzle

I made a list on petmountain.com of what I need to buy.

Is this okay?

http://www.petmountain.com/cart?ref...501970/exo-terra-rept-o-meter-hygrometer.html

I have a tank already, its currently occupied but when my beardie needs a new tank (which will be in a month) I will use it for my corn snake. I am going to buy aspen bedding at my local petstore. But tell me if I need anything else. Oh, and I am going to use a cleanex box for the coolside hide, and a plastic container, or wood for the warm side.

We can't see your list, hun.

It sounds about right. You'll find that Toilet Paper and Paper Towel rolls make really good cheap hides.

Exo Terra Feeding Dish Feeding : Large - (8" x 7" x 1.5")
Price: $7.89
$7.89
Repti Therm Under Tank Heater Habitat : RH4 - 10/20 Gallon - 6" x 8" (8 Watt)
Price: $12.95
$12.95
Rept-O-meter Hygrometer
Price: $3.49
$3.49
ReptiTemp Thermometer / Sensor

Looks pretty good, so far.

You will also need a thermostat to regulate the temp of your under tank heater. And of course a water dish.

A few vines and fake plastic plants wouldn't hurt, but if you're going for straight economical then what you've listed, along with the hides and aspen is sufficient.

No problems with what you have listed, but you don't actually need to buy a "feeding dish." If it's for feeding, an old plastic ice cream container with a lid and a few holes poked or melted in the lid for ventilation works well and costs nothing. (It also provides an excuse to buy ice cream. :eatpointe )
If you're going to sit and watch the snake feed, you can put it in a cardboard box, lined with newspaper if you like. That's also essentially free. The caveat there is YOU MUST WATCH THE SNAKE AT ALL TIMES. No leaving, no going to the phone, etc. or you may look in the box to find you have no snake.

If the "feeding dish" is actually for water, well, that's easy too. Any straight or nearly-straight sided dish can work, as can a traditional pet bowl. Those are available for much less than $7.89. My 2007s are currently using plastic bowls I caught on sale at Dollar General for the bargain price of 4 for $1.00.

Have fun setting up your viv, and post a picture when you can!

Back