• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this Pit. mel. Normal? (FL Pine snake)

JarrodRandel

I would like to preface this post by saying; I know I will catch flack for this, because this is a cornsnake forum, but honestly, I would rather get advice from reputable people who reside on this forum rather than advice from some of the other forums, which I won't mention.

So... I was wondering if this Pit. mel. - Florida Pine looks normal, a little light, and maybe has a tinge of pronounced red - whatever, he is prob normal - but I have not contacted the original owners about obtaining his records. He originated out of southeast reptile exchange I believe...

Here he is...

Attachments

• pine feeding 2.jpg
    pine feeding 2.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 52
  • pine striking resz.jpg
    pine striking resz.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 52
  • pine top 8 resz.jpg
    pine top 8 resz.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 50
  • pine head resz.jpg
    pine head resz.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 50
  • pine front 7 resz.jpg
    pine front 7 resz.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 49
Pituophis melanoleucus

Pituophis melanoleucus - I was abbreviating Joe... it says southern pine right after it, I sent you a PM as well...

And I will preface this with "I have no clue about Pine snake genetics", so I couldn't tell you if its coloration is normal or not. :p

It's pretty and hefty whatever it turns out to be. How much does he weigh?

Pines are unique looking for sure. Russell on the forum has Pines as well, although I believe his are a different subspecies. They don't look quite the same as yours.

Looks normal to me. There's quite a bit of variation in Florida Pines, and that is a darn nice one!
Question, does your feeding regimen often include an appetizer before the main course? :grin01:

Ha... Appetizer

Yeah, I guess I just prefer to get a bunch of the same size mice and feed them a couple smaller meals. The pines have a much faster metabolism than other colubrids as well.

I told my girlfriend to get large fuzzy mice, she came back with large pink mice... not her fault, she didnt know the difference - the rodent breeder up the street just gave them to her in a cardboard box. I cant blame her for just leaving and not checking them, that place stinks to high hell - I can never get out of there fast enough myself.

He usually eats 2-3 large fuzzies every 7-12 days... I can tell when he is hungry, he is out hunting from his hide box.

He has quite the personality - all hissssssssss, no bite :)

Ditto, what Mike says...

mbdorfer said:
Looks normal to me. There's quite a bit of variation in Florida Pines, and that is a darn nice one!
Question, does your feeding regimen often include an appetizer before the main course? :grin01:
I love these guys, big and impressive.

Back