• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this plain Anery or what?

ruraldean

Old and Getting Older
Here's a couple of my new acquisition Coal. I think he/she's an simple Anery, but the colours are very brown/taupe/bronze, so I wonder if it could be anything else. Your help would be appreciated. Her background colour is a pinky/grey.

11112009223.jpg

11112009224.jpg

27112009230.jpg

I'm not an expert, but I've never seen pink cheeks on an anery. That's a trait I see often on ghosts, though. What is a "Coal"? Or is that just his name?

I think "Coal" is his name, Pepper. ;) And, if I remember right, Aneries can, indeed, have "pinkish" cheeks. In this case, though, I think the lighting in the image is just throwing you off. In the first pic, what can be seen of his cheeks look yellow-brown like the rest of him (at least on my monitor). =)

Very nice snake! I may be going out on a limb here, but he almost looks yellow enough to be a caramel, or at least something caramel-based... Otherwise, yeah, very nice Anery!

Yeah I'm with Floof here, anery corns do tend to have pink cheeks. The reason ghosts have them is because they're hypo aneries. And the transition there from the pink to yellow is just classic anery. I believe males tend to keep their pink cheeks more than females do (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

Mancunians_corn_snake_anery_ghost_large.jpg

And this corn sure looks a lot like yours; c/o Ians Vivarium
anerya-a.jpg

I can see what you're saying with the "caramel-based" thing, but I'm still leaning towards anery. Do you by chance know the parents?

definitely does NOT look like a normal anery to me.
I've got 2 bog-standard aneries that I love to pieces. Norwood is very similar to Coal, while Butch has darker saddles.
Look at Carol's aneries for a really good idea of just how varied and beautiful any anery can be:cool:
(Edited to add, I actually know that my darker boy has far more chance of being het for caramel, because he came out of a butter project)

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 150
You're right. Norwood is very similar to Coal. Coal's colours look closest to reality in my third picture, where you can see the lavender background. I have no idea about parentage as once again this snake was a gift from my daughter, as was Rubes, and in both cases they were rescued from clueless friends of hers (thank God).

The snake does tend towards the brown end of the spectrum rather than grey, but when it was little it was pretty much black and white, like a humbug. It's certainly getting lighter as it grows.

You're right. Norwood is very similar to Coal. Coal's colours look closest to reality in my third picture, where you can see the lavender background. I have no idea about parentage as once again this snake was a gift from my daughter, as was Rubes, and in both cases they were rescued from clueless friends of hers (thank God).

The snake does tend towards the brown end of the spectrum rather than grey, but when it was little it was pretty much black and white, like a humbug. It's certainly getting lighter as it grows.
Norwood was much darker as a hatchling, and whilst I wouldn't replace him for the world (he's the snake all my family always want to hold, with such a mellow personality) I deliberately looked for an anery where I knew there was a chance of the darker saddles when I got Butch from a breeder because I wanted a dark anery too. I love all the pink/peach/brown tones on Norwood and can see the same lovely colours on Coal.

I'm gonna go with Anery, too. Anery is a favorite gene of mine, so I'm always seeking out pictures of them and they seem to be just as variable (in browns, creams, tans, blacks, etc) as Normals. Yours is no exception! Love her thick black borders around the saddles. And I'd have to say pink cheeks is very much an Anery trait. I've seen it on many Anerys, as well as my Ghost and my Aneryblood.

Anery A... Any corn morph can vary dramatically..

Not all aneries are void of yellow pigmentation..

This is a good example..

rubble06-08-08%282%29.jpg

Not very much yellow..

wasabi02-23-09%282%29.jpg

Pretty Plain...

junior7-16-07%285%29.jpg

Pretty Dark..

jewel6-18-07%287%29.jpg

Really dark for a male..

obsidian2-11-07%282%29.jpg

Interestingly I just posted the pics on an English forum and the answer came back overwhelmingly ghost. By the way, there's absolutely NO pink on him. In fact the cheeks carry a yellow tint. Actually the background is a light taupe, the saddles are brown, and the belly chequers are also brown, not black. His eyes are black in a yellowy/grey ground.

Crikey, I must be going mad. As I was putting him away the light caught his cheeks and there really is a pink tint - sorry for messing people about.

One angle yellow, another, pink.

Shoot me.

Back