• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this real? - Patternless Snow

Patternless corns are legit. Usually stemming from "vanishing stripe"... genetically a Stripe where the pattern disappears, &/or is greatly reduced, &/or is near non-existent.

"Patternless" really isn't. They are simply the extreme version of "vanishing" stripes. Genetically, they are homozygous stripes but a selectively bred variety. If bred together, they will produce all stripes, but may not all be patternless or even vanishing. You may get fully striped offspring.

That is the exact snake that got me into corns! If you go back and check my intro thread, I'm pretty sure I profess my love for patternless Snows there...

Yup, legit. Though as others have said, they're homozygous stripe, so its just a variation of stripe corns, not its own gene.

Here's one of my vanishing stripe/paternless anery corns! I think they are amazing animals!

Attachments

• aneryvanishingpattern.jpg
    aneryvanishingpattern.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 269
  • PatternlessAnery1.jpg
    PatternlessAnery1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 269
  • PatternlessAnery2.jpg
    PatternlessAnery2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 268
Yes, it's real. I've known Jeff for 30 years and he's totally legit. I do agree that "Vanishing Pattern" is more accurate than "Patternless." Here's one of mine:
04snowvanish.jpg

I also had a Patternless Snow Corn for about 2 years. A male that died from some kind of intestinal parasite. He was quite beautiful. Here is a linkto a short you tube video about how I happened to find him next to my house in northern Il.
http://youtu.be/kQPG7QoRlZc

Dwight Alton

Great video, but that wasn't a snow corn snake. You can tell by the eye color. Snow corns would have pink/red eyes. That was a leucistic rat snake with the light blue eyes and black pupil.

Thank you Susan

Since I actually found this snake in the wild I did not know what it was. I have owned snakes before but they were always indigenous to this area.
He must have been an escapee. Anyway, I was just going by what someone else told me. Can you suggest a reputable dealer where I could by another one?

Dwight

Back