• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is this reguritation?

ninasnake

Hi

I gave him an adult mouse. That is what he used to have before I got him ( 2 times).

I fed him smaller ones ( 3 feedings, last feeding 2 mice) because I did not want to stress him in the new home.

Today I tried adult.
He started swallowing and spit out half way in. I think the mouse was too big or he got scared of something. I put him back in his viv and put the mouse there as well. I will keep it for 2 h and then remove.

Is that what is called reguritation? Should I leave him alone for a week or should I try a smaller mouse tommorow? ( unless he eats this one)

thanks

Yah

He spit it back out cause he got scared,sounds like it needs to settle in I have a ratsnake that will do that if you try to move it while eating it will spit it out ,but once it eats it stays down so yah just scared

hi stephen,

maybe i was not too clear.
i have him for a month. fed him before and everything was fine. this time it was a bigger mouse.
I removed the mouse from his viv, he is hiding and i did not want to leave it there for too long.

when do you think I can try feeding again? i will get a smaller size again.

Thats not a regurgitation. No need to worry.

A regurge is more serious, a snake that eats the mouse, swallows it all, then regurges it back out later on. When it regurges it looses vital stomach fluids & gut flora. Usually after a regurge you wait approx. 10 days before attempting to feed again. I'd suggest you just try again in a couple of days or something.

All the best

Tom

Back