• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is this right?

kizzer

kieran
Hi, i weighed my 9 month corn snake earlier and it weighed 65g, guessing at the size i would say roughly 26".

Does this sound right or is it overweight. i am feeding it 2 fuzzies every 7-8 days.

Sounds a little small to me. My Corn is eleven months old and weighs about 220g, and is about 34" long, give or take an inch.

It's definitely not overweight. At that weight and with fuzzies, you should be feeding every 5 days. But remember, they all grow at their own pace and some will gain weight more quickly than others. I wouldn't worry too much about the weight, but just start feeding once every 5 days and follow the Plan, and you'll see a difference. :)

Search: Munson Plan (sample feeding chart)

It's usually the third one down. :)

All the best

David

Also, at 65g I would try and see if your snake is ready to start taking hoppers instead of double fuzzies.
Following this plan:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106

Unless you're trying to use the fuzzies up, but when I switched to hoppers I fed exclusively hoppers for a little while, then as the snake got bigger fed one hopper and one fuzzie untill they were ready for the next size up.

what the hell, my corn is just under 8 months old and shes only 30g!! and about 20 inches.........I've been sticking to the munson plan although the first month I was told to feed her one pinkie every 7 days........which after joining cs.com I soon found was wrong.........does that mean my snake is SEVERELY underweight :(!

She's smaller than everyone else because of whoever had her before you.
If it makes you feel any better when I got my first snake she was 24g at 8 months old.
She's now 224g, (at 17 months) of course she's having feeding strike issues right now but she's grown in leaps in bounds, so don't worry too much as long as your snake looks healthy, doesn't look all spiney you should be fine.

My 07 corns (mainly about 9 months old) vary from 20g to 120g ... as long as they're being fed regularly, eating, not regurging, and don't look skinny then I wouldn't worry.

She's smaller than everyone else because of whoever had her before you.
If it makes you feel any better when I got my first snake she was 24g at 8 months old.
She's now 224g, (at 17 months) of course she's having feeding strike issues right now but she's grown in leaps in bounds, so don't worry too much as long as your snake looks healthy, doesn't look all spiney you should be fine.

Not necessarily. My '07 was from the end of November, she's refused once on me and regurged just recently... she eats approximately every 5 days depending on my schedule and she's at 8grams still! I tried bumping her up to 4 days and that's when I got the regurge, so no more of that. She's growing slowly longer, if not putting any weight on. She eats well... just must have a tapeworm...

Well I'm not worried, shes fed a fuzzy every 5 days, apart from sheds when she refuses, other than that I've had no refuses and no regurges.......she's coming along nicely getting nice and chubby as she gets bigger and seems healthy as can be so I'm happy :)

The hoppers at my local reptile shop look too big. i have recent pictures of my snake in the photo gallery under " normal corn pics" i would be grateful if anyone would take a look at them and give me a second opinion about it.

Well remember, snakes are meant to expand for prey.
As long as the hoppers aren't more than 1.5x the greatest width of the snake, he'll be fine.

Back