• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this size mouse alright?

rickyrivers

Hello everyone, I have a question again:
My corn is eating an adult mouse now, she digest him real good in 2 days. So I know is not too big for her. I'm feeding her now every 7 days, but I was wondering is I can do it more often.
Is 7 days a maintanence diet? I don't want it to be a maintanence diet, I want Sofia to grow well, but I also don't want to feed her too often 'cause I heard that if I feed my corn to much she'll grow faster than her bones can handle, I really don't want that.
Can someone tell me how often I should feed her now that she's eating adult mice?
Thanks every one,
Ricky.

7 days is the soonest to feed an adult sized prey item. Even every 10-14 days isn't a "matinence diet". They don't need as much constant food as they did when they were growing quicker.
If you notice your snake drastically putting on weight back it of to 10 days.

Here's a link to a great feeding guide, that should be helpful :)

http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106

In my opinion, if you feed her more often than every 7 days, now that she's on adult mice, then you would be power feeding and will end up with health problems :( 7 to 14 day intervals (depending on how quickly she gains weight) sounds perfect to me and she needs to get a bit of exercise, while waiting for her next meal, in order to keep her muscles strong :)

Hope that helps,

Feeding Adults

I feed my snake every friday and i give her one large mouse, sometimes she will look around for another so every now and then i will feed her an extra mouse (medium size). Corn snakes are known to get obese from over feeding, every 7 days is fine.

Back