• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

It's always the expensive ones!!!

Darin Chappell

Very Senior Hillbilly
I was really excited about this little gal! I just couldn't wait for her to grow up, and produce several generations of pewters and hypo pewters for me!!!

However, after having eaten her last meal, she regurged it and died. I have no idea why she regurged, or why she died, but I am sure that she will be missed!

I hate to sound bigheaded, but I honestly believe she was the very best example of the pewter morph that I ever saw. She was from Don Soderberg's line, and I had gotten her started for him as a non-feeder. She progressed slowly, but she was now taking unscented f/t pinks easily just before she died.

Oh well ... here's how she looked in better times:

Attachments

• quick pics 01-23-040007.jpg
    quick pics 01-23-040007.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 212
understand

well dont feel to bad I have took some of my females out of hibernation and put them in a twenty gallon terrarium 2 days later noticed that the top was open and have found out 2 of my females were gone!I lost one female I had grew out for 2 years she was a t positive ghost and the other was a hypo het lavender, they have been missing since tuesday checked everywhere,cant find them!not sure where they could be I only pray I find them the ghost female was awesome and spent a long time getting her to were she was at / major bummer! steve p.s. sorry to here about your pewter

Sorry Darin

There must be something going on this year with the high end morphs. I lost a pair of Hypo Lavs and another pair of Pewters. It is enough to drive you crazy.......

Darin,

Sorry to hear that. :(
She certainly was a wonderful looking little one.

I know what you mean, it seems that if one is going to get out on you or die, it somehow seems to be the ones you paid the most for or the ones you like best.
I had a couple non-feeders that did the same thing to me, they were just starting to eat on their own then regurged and then died. I was very surprised myself. And yet the other non-eaters are eating now and doing well. :shrugs:

I know how you feel, Darin... Last year I spent a good amount of money on a charcoal possible het hypo, bloodred adult from Rich... She escaped, and managed to fry herself in the bottom of my water heater. :( *patpats*

-Kat

Very sorry to hear that Darin :awcrap: . I had my very 1st regurge episode last week and now all these stories have me freakin out...

She was a very beautiful Pewter, one of my growing favorite Morphs.

Lee

Back