• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I've been bit!

snakehobbyist

I AM SO EXCITED! Yes, I know I'm a huge dork. But, I've had snakes since August last year and I've never been bitten. Not defensively, not aggressively, not even when feeding! However, yesterday, I fed the little unnamed girl that I picked up from the expo. After, I was scooping her up to put back in her tank and she's nailed me...with all 18g of herself. Didn't hurt a bit. Just felt like a little bump to my hand. Apparently she wasn't through eating and apparently a 2g pinkie isn't enough for her...

I think my first bite, at least the first one I can remember, came from a big fat wild northern watersnake back when I was younger. There was a creek in my neighbors yard I had to pick it up. It was not happy and I was not fast enough. It got me right in the crook of my thumb and forefinger...and it HURT!

I have a Caramel Motley right now that Tags me HARD, he will not let go ether. He's a pain but I love him, I won't get rid of him due to nippy I bought gloves for when I handle him, and for some reason he's fine with the gloves then letting me take them off and doesn't go for my hands... weird.

My first bit was about a month ago by him, right before I had work too xD.

ouch! She let go when she realized I wasn't food. I think it startled me more than anything! Now...when they get bigger (especially with my ball pythons), I expect them to hurt a little more xD

Welcome to the Bite Club. Make sure you take plenty of alcohol for the shock and if possible show a photo of your wounds. Bonus points for photos taken with the snake latched on!:cheers:

Feels funny to congratulate on a bite, but I'm sending you a "mabruk" (as we say in these parts). My sweet little Zanj has never yet come close to biting. I only saw him rattle his tail and try to look scary (ha!) once, when I first got him. It was adorable. Hope your girl will be comfortable in her new home.

I was bit for the first time a couple of weeks ago, I had cleaned out the hamsters and had washed and sanitizedmy hands before handling my snakes, must have touched my face though because I had my male around my neck and I just felt a nip on my cheek, when I looked down he was attached to my cheek haha :) only felt one bite but there were 3 sets of puncture marks lol :)

Back