• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ivory & anole to the rescue!

cornspot

I see spots!
I had a found brown anole "pet" that I guess I didn;t take very good care of b/c I found it dead today. I had been contemplating sacrificing it anyway & now wish I had (I have lost several non-feeders)

but today I washed pinkies with ivory & rubbed with dead anole & 3 out of 4 ate (including an amel het diffused, charcoal :dancer:)

the other is under a towel--will see what is there tomorrow AM.

I'm embarrassed that I neglected my little lizard so much but I sure am glad my babies are eating!

I would freeze the lizard and use it again. Anoles are difficult to keep if you don't have all they need. I chose to cool and freeze the anole I caught for scenting pinkies for my non feeders. It can be used over and over again and you don't have to worry about trying to keep it healthy. It will last me for the next clutch if I should need it. The washing and anole scenting worked like a charm for my non feeders.

That's great your babies ate! I'm lucky to have a yard full of anoles if I ever need them. I was sitting on the patio last night and could count five just from where I was sitting.

I had a neighbor who had (still has) a BIG WC normal corn, which he was feeding anoles to. I never knew snakes ate anoles till then. We advised him to switch his snake to mice, which he did. Now I know why the corn was so happy on his anole diet!

Nanci

Anoles are difficult to keep if you
especially if you don't put water in the automatic mister & that's its only source of water. :dunce:

The 4th baby ate over night; now every who survived thsi long has had a meal!

I did put the anole in the freezer to use again. Now what do I do when the gerbils have their babies? (if they do)

Nanci said:
That's great your babies ate! I'm lucky to have a yard full of anoles if I ever need them. I was sitting on the patio last night and could count five just from where I was sitting.

I had a neighbor who had (still has) a BIG WC normal corn, which he was feeding anoles to. I never knew snakes ate anoles till then. We advised him to switch his snake to mice, which he did. Now I know why the corn was so happy on his anole diet!

Nanci
It's generally thought that young snakes start with a diet of small lizards. They are full of parasites though which is why we avoid feeding a live one to our snakes.

Back