• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Jumping to two pinkies

Pilarcoder

Hey guys I'm new on the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong set of threads.
So this is my first corn and I've had home for a little over a month he's a plain morph hatchling. So I want some opinions because now I'm second guessing what I did, "he" is 14g feeds every 5 days is very active and friendly but the last few feedings he's been slamming the pinks down even 4g pinks so today I gave him a 4g pink and waited until it was way down in his belly and he was slithering away in his feeding bin so I dropped a 2g pink in and he ate that as well no regurg yet, just worried since looking at feeding plans now because he is kinda small for it, also I started slitting them the last few feedings

Whoa!

Maybe it's ME, but I would think 2 pinkies for a 14 gram snake might just be a little too much!

Why take a chance on a regurge? Wait until your snake is of the right weight and size to be able to handle its meals. A regurge, especially for a small snake like yours, could possibly be a life-threatening incident.

I am not an "expert" like many on this forum. But Ray Charles could SEE that you just might be over-feeding him, if he's truly 14 grams.

Just sayin.

Like I said I realized after the fact, only reason I even had the though to was because he was eating and swallowing large pinks in less than 10 seconds the last few feedings and he's back out in less than 24 hours roaming the cage with no lump, idk maybe my scale is off as well because he really doesn't get much of a bump to begin with but yeah before I continue the doubles I'll wait til his weight is up a few more grams

Hey so just an update no regurge or vomit, been a few days and he's out and about and I've handled him, scale says 15g now but I'll wait until somewhere between 16-18g before I do it again

Just remember, it's probably safer, and some would say healthier to feed too little than too much. I feed very conservatively compared to the munson plan and many others, and yet my little ones still managed to make it to breeding size before their second birthday.

Snakes don't know to stop when they've had enough. Their instincts tell them to eat as much as they can, since they never know when their next meal will be.

Back