• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Jurrasic Corn (pics inside)

Zedo99

I bought this GUY today. He is an nice size adult. Never seen one at a show had to get him I plan to try breeding him with a snow and blizzard corn next year to see if any kinda cool affects come out on the clutch. Hope you like!

Attachments

• DSC01981.JPG
    DSC01981.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC01984.JPG
    DSC01984.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC01983.JPG
    DSC01983.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 259
I'm not usually a fan of hybrids,but he is one sweet lookin' snake! :cheers:

P.S. he looks like a banded okeetee!

Wow! what an amazing looking snake. I'd really love to see a 1/4 milk 3/4 corn. If you could get a more natural corn look but with the milk pattern that would be so cool.

This is a much to much Milksnakelook for me , this doesn't let me think on a corn .
Nice snake , if you like hybrids , but not my thing ( as a real cornbreeder I'm a little allergic to hybrids and interstages like creamsicle ,...) .
But nevertheless a nice animal you should be proud off !! :crazy02:

Apperntly the guy told i bought him off of said he was a mix of 5 differnt morphs including a king.

That's one cool looking hybrid :cool: Fro seeing the variation in other hybrid clutches it'll be fun to see what you can get from him

Any one have suggestions of what i could breed him with to bring on some cool results maybe? Im hoping perhaps a blizzard or snow may put a white ring in there some where. He will have the genes for that pattern id like to add some other colors in to there.

well, if you breed him with a blizzard or snow and then breed the offspring you'd get some weird weird snakes.

Because snow and blizzard are caused by double recessive genes. Unless your Jurassic corn is carrying amel or anery genes compatible with corn anery and amel genes, they'll all have normal "wild type" colors. This is because both the mother and father have to contribute a copy of the gene to the babies for them to look different.

However, all of the babies would have one amel and one anery gene, so if you bred them together you could get some pretty neat hybrids that are either albino, anery, both (snow), or normal colored with wierd jurassic corn type patterns and stuff. Woot.

That said, he is really gorgeous. Not a huge hybrid fan, but I really like the looks of that animal.

Honestly, no one will know what the babies could look like since he's got such a mixed heritage. They could possibly end up having white bands, but you are just as likely to get ones with white bands out of a normal corn mom as you are a snow or blizzard. It would be interesting to find a pretty king/milk hybrid female with some whites and put her with your guy as well to see what happens. :)

I bet you got that at the Morehead, KY show right? I noticed that snake from across the room and went to check it out when I got there. I also really liked that big licorice black rat the guy had-made me regret trading mine.

Back