• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just a Quick Pic

cornsnakegirl

Of my Amel girl, Peaches! You may recall she ate aspen in this thread, but she's fine and dandy! This is a pic of her just after I fed her two fuzzies, I did buy some hoppers but then she went into shed. I hoped she would be a little bigger after her shed but she isn't. I held a hopper still in the bag beside her, and it was double the size of her so I'm going to try in a couple weeks after I finish the 4 fuzzies I got recently as well. Too bad there isn't a size between fuzzies and hoppers... Anyway, to the pic!

y0yzwTv.jpg

Decided to add some more! She was peeking her head out a minute ago so I decided she was okay to bug a bit :p

Her tank:
a7Z1fcU.jpg

All cute n shtuff:
cXe9dSW.jpg

uAa4raE.jpg

Yes, she does! She loves to climb to the top of the tank and roam along on the inner lip, so those tubes help her get up there :)

I'm going to have to do that for my new girl. She does the same thing. She has a fake tree that she can reach the rim from, but she seems to have trouble getting down after that and always ends up falling. I was actually thinking of getting some fake vines like you have and securing them along the walls near the top with suction cups. That way even when she can't fit in up in the rim anymore, she'll still be able to hang out up there.

Haha I gave up on suction cups my plants came with long ago, which is why they're on the bottom now. Duct tape and TP rolls have worked better, though I could try taping the plants up! I would need more to do that since she loves those ones on the bottom.

What kind of tape are you using to hold up the paper rolls? I think it's a really neat idea, but I would personally rather hot-glue them. Sometimes, tape can start to peel away, and you don't want your cute little baby getting caught in tape. Very nice setup, though! :)

I keep an eye on the tape, I already mentioned what kind. I'm careful with it. Hot glue is too permanent for me, I like to change her tank up every week :)

Thats a nice amel and a roomy set-up but I think the duct tape in the enclosure is kind of scary. The snake could get its tounge or other part of its body stuck to a tiny piece of adhesive...it could end up bad. I know you like to change it often but I would reccomend a dab of aquarium silicon.

I agree. It looks great, but snakes are to tape as outside cats are to cars. It's inevitable.

Back