• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just a thought

FlaStangBabe

Elmo & Molly's Mommy
I was wondering, is there a downside to handling multiple times a day. and any tips on introducing a new snake into the family?

From my experience, there is no downside to handling your snake multiple times a day, though you have to remember, corn snakes are nocturnal, so occassionally they sleep of a day and come out during the night. Also if they show any signs of being stressed out while being handled that much, reduce how many times you get it out a day for a while.

URGH, repeating myself again!! :rolleyes:

Corns are actually 'crepuscular' meaning that they are active around the hours of twilight and dawn.

Back to topic, I handle my corns whenever I like except for in the 1½-2 days after a meal and if they look like they're primed for a poo (you learn pretty quickly to judge how long it'll take that bulge near the cloaca to turn into a stinky, wet mess on your jeans!!!) They are some of the nicist snakes you'll meet and are relaxed to be handled at any time of the day or night. I try to not handle them in the morning before their lights have been on for an hour or so, as they have no heat other than room temperature at night and I like to give them a chance to warm up in the morning before I bother them too much. Most of my handling occurs after 10am or so and generally stops around 10pm when their lights go out.

Blaqwraith said:
From my experience, there is no downside to handling your snake multiple times a day, though you have to remember, corn snakes are nocturnal, so occassionally they sleep of a day and come out during the night. Also if they show any signs of being stressed out while being handled that much, reduce how many times you get it out a day for a while.

what are some of the signs of stress?

He should be fine, just follow princess advice, and i can see the black bluge in my snakes butt, hes always fast and trying to crawl straight foward when i hold him, and then he suddly stops and rests in my hand and tricks me, takes a nice big dump, then starts trying to go striaght foward again, the little bugger :( and its very messy lol.

Back