• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just got bit...

mudvaynechic75110

Procrastinate Now!
...two times by a little '06 and like everybody says, it really does feel like velcro. There is a point to this thread...and I'll get to that after I tell you how it happened. Okay, so I got her out of her viv no problem, no aggressiveness. After about 30 seconds of trying to get away she wrapped around my right hand and started trying to get up my sleeve. So I gently lifted her off my arm with my left hand and she slithered around my (left) hand for about five seconds then, without coiling or striking, latched onto my pointer finger and gnawed on it for about 5 seconds before letting go. So I held her for a minute after that and since she was settled down went to put her back. Well, just before I stood up she started to travel towards my arm and once she got to my wrist she bit me, again no coiling or striking, and she gnawed there for about 5 seconds as well. Afterwards, I moved her back to my right hand and she was fine.

So do you think this is a feeding response? I thought it probably was, but I washed both my hands with the same soap before handling her. And she didn't stop and smell it before biting it, just kind of latched on randomly. Sorry for such a long post, but I'm just confused. :shrugs:

Sure sounds like feeding response, and not defensiveness. Make sure your soap isn't "Fresh Mountain Hamster" scent, or anything like that. ;)

Thanks guys! I figured that's what it was. It's just weird that she only found my left hand appetizing. Oh well, tomorrow's her feeding day, so she'll have something a little more size appropriate to gnaw on.

Back