• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just hatched miami phases

catitus

world seems to be grey
Yesterday our miami phase babies started to hatch. Here's some pics of them

vauva04.jpg

vauva03.jpg

vauva01.jpg

11 has hatched now, 2 eggs still waiting.

Here's pic of the parents [left male]
loka_pakokauhu.jpg

The female looks like she has some variable/thayeri king snake blood in her, judging by the head and mad pattern.

Shes still gorgeous and congrats on the pippers.

The female is pure-blooded corn snake. Female's breeder doesn't do hybrids. :)

Hmm... I think that I have one good headshot of that female. Here it is.
pakokauhu.jpg

Thayeri's are mostly banded.

http://www.sierraherps.com/gallery/leonis/Animals/index.html

Not sure why you would think that...

The head bears no semblance to any Lampropeltis either.

But mk, I for one think it looks like a pretty cornsnake with a cool pattern

Yeah, I know what Thayeri's look like ;)

It's just the first thing I thought when looking at that female. Shes awesome, but theres just something different about her.

In the second shot you posted of her, she looks much more corny now :p

Those are some awesome looking babies! The parents are awful sweet looking also!!

I love the Miami phase. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I know what Thayeri's look like ;)

It's just the first thing I thought when looking at that female. Shes awesome, but theres just something different about her.

In the second shot you posted of her, she looks much more corny now :p

I think it was just the angle and the tub in the first one, but I thought the head looked an odd-shape too :)

Congrads on some cute babies :)

Wow! I've never seen the progression of the pippies from the egg so vividly--I have to admit the liquid makes me a little squeemish, but the pippies is precious! aww

What the heck is this? She came from the last egg and I'll keep her home. What's that pattern? Her belly is "normal" patterned, not white.

odd.jpg

Since the mother has a very aberrant pattern (which makes it look like it has some kingsnake influence to me as well), it doesn't surprise me that some of her offspring also have aberrant patterns. What is concerning me more is that you're taking photos of hatchlings that look like they've been forced out of their eggs too soon as they still have their umbilicus attached and are still absorbing yolk, a very dangerous condition as they can easily pull their intestines, etc out and die.

These babies came out by themselfes. I didn't forced them out of eggs too soon. I just moved the snake and the eggs in the box when the baby was out the egg. *sorry bad English :p *

Back