• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just my luck...

Daeraelle

I saw the "Ventrum" thread in the photo gallery last night before I left work, and I thought to myself, "You finally have your first day off in FOREVER tomorrow, you can take pictures out in the sun." You know, the sun? Because, this is FLORIDA and I'm sure I'll have a sunny day on my day off.

:crying:

It's raining so hard my dog doesn't want to go potty, and it's darker today than it was last night. I guess I'll just have to make due with artificial light and the flash. Isabelle looks so good out in the sun though, and I haven't gotten I chance to photograph the black rat snakes outside yet, so that has to wait too. (Which, btw, the female with the regurge is doing well. Took a rat pink her first feeding, took two the second feeding and did well. Due for another meal today. Hopefully she'll be back on her belly in no time. ;) )

After the last batch of tornado warnings that I peacefully slept through a couple months ago, I got a public alert emergency weather radio. (I live in a trailer- so I guess it's better to get out than stay- and with enough warning I could gather animals and beat it over to the neighbors' house.) So it goes off this morning at 8:00 saying there was a tornado warning, and giving all these instructions, and telling the location of the line of severe thunderstorms, which was seven miles south of me. I'm not sure I would have had time to do more than grab the two birds and go lay in the ditch...I looked out the door- patches of blue sky. I think it's going to clear after the storms pass through.

Nanci

I'm right at the Georgia line, and I know there were tornado warnings up there yesterday until about 12am or something. It's stopped raining now, but the sky is still dark and the wind is still blowing like crazy, maybe it'll blow over, but I can't see any clear skies coming. So more than likely it'll just blow some more rain on me, lol.

Hmmm...sounds like there are storms a-brewin' across the whole country. It is darker now than it was at 4:00am and it only stopped raining about 10 minutes ago...but not for long.

Of course...with so many mountains around me, I don't have to worry about tornadoes, and I'm far enough inland to avoid any hurricanes, but...we actually consider 90mph winds to be "a pretty windy day". One of the main highways out here has been closed off and on for the past 2 days due to high wind advisories...115mph across the freeway...

I'll never forget one night at the beginning of last winter, I was driving my old Bronco up the highway and got hit so hard by winds, it literally felt as though one side of my truck was lifted off the ground. I've driven bobtails loaded with 7 tons of propane through 3 feet of snow and never got as scared as those winds made me...

Back