• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

just paces

I have had my baby corn for 6 days (3) mos old she comes out at night for brief periods and paces one corner of the cage (front) not coming half way across then turns back for 2 or 3mins rubbing glass front with her snout. normal behavior or just a little stress not sure? In between those times she's resting normally. tried to feed her 2 days ago no response will try again tonight or should I wait 2 or 3 more days.

I'd wait four to five days between feeding attempts. And you should not be handling her at all until she has successfully fed.

That behaviour is called "glass surfing" and is quite common.

Thanks for that bit of information on the glass surfing. Wasn't really sure whether it was stress or hunger. Yes and I haven't held her since the day i purchased her. I will not attempt to hold her until she has put down at least three or four meals. Good rule of thumb for getting acclimated to her new surroundings in my opinion. Sounds a little long to wait to hold them but in the long run it really pays off. In my experience with corn snakes.

If you go to the home page of cornsnakes.com, and scroll all the way down to the members' private forums, mine is there, and I have a really good sticky about acclimation for new snakes.

Back