• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just shed

Well my corn just shed for the 3rd time, this time it was a perfect all in one..last 2 times it twists and snaps in half. She is only 8 months old and about 2 feet long the shed measured just over 26inches but with the stretching it's not accurate.

I haven't had a chance to weigh her but is 2 feet normal for an 8month old corn?

Here's a pic of the shed...

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers,
Ross

My 3 year old ghost is only about 2 feet, so I'd say yours is doing well!

Where is a picture of the actual snake? Is she still awaiting a name after 8 months?

Hey Wax cheers for the reply...

that's good then I'll get a new pic soon. Got her at 4 months old and thought it was a he so had a name, found out it's a she so not sure what to name her now lol.

snake name

i just read your posts and wanted to share a story.
i got my third corn snake from a young boy that was affraid of it.
when he gave me the snake he said "his name is norman, will you keep his name norman?"
i assured him that i would not change his name.
well, my male corn, buddy, started showing quite an interest in norman.
needless to say norman laid some eggs. i changed her name to norma.
if you would like to see her and buddy and the babies you can see them on my websight
flickr.com/photos/dannwyman

Thanks guys...bluebird lol...almost is good but it's not really a girls name either. Nice one Dan thatd doesn't really work for RJ though, well nothing decent that I can think of.

Feeding time tonight...has anyone fed their corns a chick?

I fed my biggest corn and my ratsnake a chick each once, but the resulting poop was horrendous!

Oh right lol maybe it didn't agree with them? They are only 10p each down at my local reptile supplier! I pay 45p for each small fuzzy and the chick is a lot bigger.

Kathy Love has also confirmed that any bird based meals are the most horrendus thing she's ever smelled.
So I decided never to feed that.

dannwyman said:
RJ, the first thing that popped in my head when i saw RJ was rita jane : )

I like it...I was actually thinking of Rita! As I love the show Dexter and the woman's name is Rita.

I think that's decided...thanks for helping me decide! :)

I think I might give the chicks a miss then!

Cheers,
Ross

Back