• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just wondering...

JeanH

Hi Everyone,

I have two corns, one male, Ivan (normal) and one female, Storm (charcoal). They are both hatchlings that I bought back in Sept at the Mid. Atlantic Reptile show. Both are eating and shedding well. I've noticed that Storm is much more active then Ivan. She likes to move all around her cage and I can always tell when its time to feed again because she gets very active and likes to sit half way out of her hide. But Ivan hides all time. He goes from under the water dish to under the hide on the hot side or he's sleeping on top the silk plant near the heat. But I rarely see him out. Even when I bring him outside to play he's much calmer then she is. Is this just a their personalities or is this a male/female thing? Are females generally more active? Just curious.

Thanks!
Jean

hey jean
this is nothing to worry about here, its just their different personalities, i have 3 females and one male and all my females tend to be more active and alart than my male so it could be a male/female thing.

now the thing that does concern me is from what you have wrote, i am guessing that they are housed together?
if this is the case then pls do a search on more than one snake being housed together. you will find many opinions on this subject, esp. as your are young still their would be quite a few peeps who would be concerned.
good luck with them
:D

i have an albino creamcicle corn and he is not very active at all but i keep him to a strict diet... 5-7 days and that makes him happy. i rarley see him outa his hide space but that makes him feel comfortable so i am happy with it.
:puke01:

Jean i keep corns together but i only do it once both are 20 inche (absolute minamum size) long with 30 inches long being prefered to help prevent earrly breeing and subsiquently egg binging of a young female. If they are smaller then this i advise you to seperate them, but if they are 20 plus and you havn't another vi then they should be ok with a lot of precautions in place. If 30 inches plus their shouldn't be a problem as long as you seperte during breeing sesion for the same reason.

Just to finish off i do agree with keeping them together, but doing it saftley for the snakes involved.

Missy - No I don't house them together. I have Storm in a 29 gal tank and Ivan is in a 20 gal long. When I first got them I did have them together. The guy said it would be ok. Then I joined here and they were separated pretty quickly.

Mangrove - I keep my guys on that schedule too. He's probably very happy or comes out when I'm not awake.

Cornman - Both of them are under 30 inches. Lst time I checked they were 21 and 24. When I first talked about separating them, my hubby and step son started to argue. You know they read nothing but know it all. lol! And I said "well, that's fine, but you know the big always eats the little one. So guess who's is going to be ate?" My step son changed his mind very fast. Of course I would have separated them no matter how much he complained.

I was just curious if anyone else noticed a male/female thing with activity or if it was just a personality thing.

Jean

About the activaty, my male and female that live together, my female is a lot more active in the viv then my male, but once out and being handled my male does mad and i can't keep him still, where as my female will just sit and coil round my wrist and stay like that for 15-20 mins.

Back