• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

kathy love!

lurycnitsuj

So, I was at the reptile festival this morning in Chicago, and I heard a couple of corn snakers raving about Kathy Love. Ive heard her name on this site quite a bit. So, I just thought she might like to hear some props to her!

lol. she "wrote the book" on corns. I think shes a stand out lady as well, I don't know her personally, only from posts on this forum, and word of mouth. But 1,000,000 people can't be wrong eh? Special props go out to Rich Z as well, for making this post possible (and the countless contributors).

I want to add to the hurrahs for Kathy Love! As a newcomer to the fancy, I've been engaged in my 1st online purchase of animals. Kathy has been helpful, patient, humorous, easy to work with, etc...just basically pretty wonderful! Not everyone with her kind of national/international reputation will take time to help a neophyte. We're lucky to have her!

My big guy, Kieran, was a purchased from Kathy Love at Tinley Park back in 2001. She was so patient as I kept coming back and back and back to look at him. I think he was the most expensive snake in the place at that time and he was bought strictly as a pet.... but she was kind and answered questions she probably had dozens and dozens of people ask that weekend. I highly recommend her to folks looking for a good looking snake.

Interstingly enough, Kieran, seems to be a lot bigger than most of the Love snakes I've seen at shows around here. And that was without the Munson plan :D

I want to add to the hurrahs for Kathy Love! As a newcomer to the fancy, I've been engaged in my 1st online purchase of animals. Kathy has been helpful, patient, humorous, easy to work with, etc...just basically pretty wonderful! Not everyone with her kind of national/international reputation will take time to help a neophyte. We're lucky to have her!

I have to agree. I have been doing this for a while now, and not only is Kathy a great person to work with, she also has excellent stock. I bought several corns last year to get some new blood lines in....and by far her's have done the best. They are double the size of other hatchlings from different breeders. I even bought "problem feeders" one year from her, 90% ate the first time I tried, and they were double the size of others that weren't classifieds as such.

Just think- if you lived in Florida you could see Kathy all the time!! It's like being neighbors!! She sure helped me out when my favorite hatchling regurged- Kathy, I've lost count of the many successful meals he's had now- way over a dozen, and he just hit 20g yesterday!!

Just think- if you lived in Florida you could see Kathy all the time!! It's like being neighbors!! She sure helped me out when my favorite hatchling regurged- Kathy, I've lost count of the many successful meals he's had now- way over a dozen, and he just hit 20g yesterday!!

That would be overly awesome Nanci :) I'm off to find her words of wisdom on feeding after a reqruge myself. My Sunglow decided to not keep his last meal down. I wasn't expecting it since he's been eating so well for me. Apparently he's not one that I can feed a little more aggressively (tried feeding him on a fourth day instead of the fifth). I tried moving him up to try to put a little weight on him... he's still registering only 8grams, which considering that he was 6grams when I got him in Dec, is nothing :/

Never met or spoke to Kathy, but from her posts, she definitely seems like a good credit to the hobby. I did have the honor of meeting her husband today, though. He spoke at the Long Island Herp Society meeting this afternoon about a field trip to areas around Madagascar. Very friendly, great presentation and incredible photos. Pretty dynamic duo, it seems to me.

I am absolutely loving my "Love" snake, Kathy was VERY patient with me, I bet it seamed like I called her about everyday lol :)
She was very helpful, and I love Star ;)
Thanks Kathy!!! :)

Our first corn, Monty an okeetee, was bred by Kathy, and she has always been so helpful despite my many questions and concerns. Also, I was very nervous about receiving an animal via shipping, but he arrived packed beautifully and safely. She is a great asset to the hobby!

Back