• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Keeps tipping waterbowl.

Nitelion94

I am The Nitelion
So she never done it till last week now she is doing it every day. its one of the dog bowls that is like a square with a dip pushed down in the middle and a hole cut out so she can use it as a hide. I tried taking her off aspen because she likes to move it and I figured that might be why. Im worried because ( I dont have something on the inside to measure it but its 49% on the out side) because her humidity keeps going way up. right now im just not putting very much water in it and checking it every day. I have tried more and less hides.

I would suggest a different water bowl that has a little more weight to it, it's possible that if she's grown enough that she's strong enough to tip it over now and that's why she's doing it. IMO, that's a better option than not filling up the bowl as much, does she still have enough water to totally immerse herself to soak?

Maybe you could try one of those heavy ceramic ones they sell at pet stores for rodents. That's what I use and they've never been tipped over. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip about the ceramic waterbowls I had forgotten about them. im going out tomorrow so ill pick a couple up.

They can still tunnel under heavy ceramic dog bowls if the aspen is deep enough, but the bowl virtually never tips over.

I use the ceramic ones in a couple of my tanks. I pull all the aspen away from a corner so the dish is on the glass. Then I push aspen in around the bowl to give it even more stability. Works for me so far.

i do the same, i have a ceramic dog bowl and put it right onto the floor of the viv and push the bedding around thst way he (hopefully) cant get his head under to tip it.

Well I say you sit her down and have a stern talking to time and then offer her a mouse to make it up.But don't give her it.If she likes food enough she will be terrified and never move except for a big ol rat.

It happened to me.Even though I'm not a snake I still know it would work on one.

Back