• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

killing its self

Abuyoussef

hey whats up yall...im sure u missed me .......yeah anyways...i got my snake shavings yeah i filled the tank with it ...its like soo deep .... around 5 inches....and the snake keeps on digging itself down down ...it that hurt it ...or can it suficate............. thanx..... and btw my snake is shedding.....

It wouldn't suffocate because, if it was in need of air, it would just come back up and take a sniff. I don't think corns are of a suicidal nature. Lol.

HEY MAN

Thats a little too deep ABU,a couple of inches are fine,how ur holiday go?did u get any snakes?........................

........................................STEVE:D

5 inches sounds a bit excessive but it wont do your corn any harm & I doubt he's in any danger of suffocation as the shavings are, for lack of a better word, "fluffy" enough to allow air to circulate throughout. And as Neil said, if there was a problem he'd just come out of it. :)

the main thing about using that much shavings is that it could get expensive to use that much every couple of weeks!

Oh yah, the other thing that I wanted to say was that, burrowing is very common behavior in corns, it's kind of a security thing for mine. WHen I first got her, I didn't have a very good hide, so she burrowed all the time, but now she has nice ones and never does.

mine burrow in their plants soil. I got really worried sometimes cos I'll look in the tank and not find any snakes! Im in Bulgaria just now and had an escape 1/2 an hour before we had to leave for the airport! Luckily found one in the plant pot, other in my laundrey pile...so some snakes must be suicidal...my socks aint smelling of roses!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

i lost my first ever corn :( he went under the floor boards, i dont know how he got out but thee known for it :p
when my other one escaped,found him in one of my draws wrapped around some headphones :p i was lucky :D
<marquee>SNAKES R COOL</marquee>

5" wow you must be able to afford loads of substrate i mean mine is deeper in the cool end so that i can bury the water bowl down a bit but slightly thinner at the hot end so the heat can penitrate better.

burrowing is natural they love to do it sometimes i cant find either of mine anywhere so i have to lift the tub up and look underneath!!:D

Back