• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

King Snake

pebblelu

I got a call from my DH when I was at work , he and a friend found a king snake in the car port. It is a real good looking snake. If he eats when I feed my other snakes I might keep him if he don't i'll lt him go. I'll try to get better pictures later.
DSCF0062-1.jpg

( He is in a differnt room away from my other snakes )

I don't see the pic (hope you can fix it), but I don't think you'll have a hard time getting a king to eat. Every one I've caught has gotten at least one free meal... on me!

Good luck!

I can see the picture now. I'll see if I can get any better pictures after he seattles down. If you still can't see the picture ler me know and i'll leave the addy for it. And the white on him is real white.

I can see the pic now... NICE. Look just like the ones I catch around here (although some are more yellow than white). How did it treat you when you caught it? Did it musk at all or try to bite?

The ones I catch here don't make hardly any attempt to defend themselves (other than slither away). Such friendly guys.

Thanks Nanci
Fred
My husbands said it bit his friend 3 times but he really didn't try to get away,
Wow... THAT would have been exciting! Fortunately for me, for every king I catch, I also catch a red racer... They ALWAYS bite.

Please let us know if it eats for ya. I'm hoping you get to keep it! They're lovely snakes.

Just a Little update.
I feed him a f/t and he ate it no problem.
He now has a name, it's Angel. My husband named him/her.
Thanks for looking

Just a Little update.
I feed him a f/t and he ate it no problem.
He now has a name, it's Angel. My husband named him/her.
Thanks for looking

Not surprising at all. I have had many w/c Cali kings take f/t right from my hemostats just minutes off the pavement.

Nice find!

Back