• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Krylon Fusion Spray Paint Question

BigByrd47119

Hello,

So I have my new adult normal in a 105 qt tub. I've had a hard time finding appropriate hides for the young lady and I ended up getting some 6qt containers for hides.

Now, the problem is they are clear. However I have some Krylon Fusion for Plastic Spray Paint which I used to paint 3 sides of her tub. Could I use this to paint the two tub hides I got her? Is there a better alternative?

Thanks in advance!

I used Krylon Fusion paint on my Viv build. No problems at all, how ever I would recommend you let them dry for a few days and let the paint cure real good before you use them.

Thanks!

The container said 7 days until it becomes scratch/chip resistant, so I figured I would probably wait that long before installing the new hides if there was no problems with toxicity.

I love Krylon Fusion! I TRY to find things to use it on, it is so awesome. And yes, great for plastic hides.

Could I use this paint for a plastic dog bowl? I bought one for my adult corn and want to paint it and use it as a water bowl..

hi sorry to hijack a thread but i was wondering which is best for the inside of a viv krylon varnish, enamel, or should i just use the white krylon primer and then varnish over it to give it a smooth texture and water tightness? also how long should it be allowed to cure before the reptile goes in?

I don't think I'd use it on the inside of the water bowl. I don't know if the paint could possibly leech into the water.

I used the camo colors (khaki, dark brown, black) on some tupperware, with openings cut into the sides, for my snakes. I had to wait about two weeks or so for the fumes to finally go away, though.

No idea what sort of varnish to use. Never done that before. Are you needing to use that over acrylic paint or something, to prevent water from washing it off? I didn't use varnish/primer/etc on my hides, though perhaps I should have as I accidentally scratched off a small patch of paint from one of them.

As far as drying time, check the back of the can and see what that says. You might need to wait longer though, for the fumes to clear out.

Back