• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lab Block, Small quantities?

TigerLilyLeos

Mom of 2 and a Zoo
Hey, I'm getting a pair of mice from school to have some pinkies for my corn snake I already have a setup I can use, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a place to order small quantities of a decent mouse food?
Also does anyone know what their needs for % protien, fat, fiber etc. are?
Thanks Amanda

Check local feed stores. My local feed store sells Purina LabDiet blocks by 1 lb, 5lb, 10 lb, 25 lb or full 50 lb bag increments. Of course the cheapest per lb cost is when you buy a full bag.

If you have to get a 25 or 50 lb bag you can always freeze most of it, it will last over a year if frozen.

There are rat shelters that sell Harlan lab block by the lb online, but by the time you pay shipping and order enough at $1.00 per lb or more, it's a better deal to buy a full bag locally.

my problem is that i can't freeze any of it (don't have room in our freezer for our own food its tiny), and i can't even imagine how long 2 mice would take to go through 25, let alone 50 pounds of food but i will check the local stores.

thanks

Back