• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Large Night Adder

rolandslf

I got called out the other day to catch a snake. It turned out to be the biggest Night Adder I have ever seen. All of 70cm.
Enjoy the pics.

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

Ciao

Wow, that is an impressive looking snake! I always liked the green night adders... I think that's the name. I know the scientific name is Causus resimus.

I actually suspect that it was a gravid female. I released her at a pond with plenty of natural habitat and food available.

70cm is Metric Measurements, I dont have the exact conversion rate but you are looking at about 2 feet in length which nowadays equates to a fairly large Nightie.

I actually suspect that it was a gravid female. I released her at a pond with plenty of natural habitat and food available.

70cm is Metric Measurements, I dont have the exact conversion rate but you are looking at about 2 feet in length which nowadays equates to a fairly large Nightie.
Definitely a big girl, I was kinda joking about the measurement, ( Americans still use our old standard foot,inch stuff while the rest of the world has moved on to a system that actually makes sense.)

Thanks mvervest - my guesstimate wasn't too far off then.

I would hate to get tagged by a Nightie that size, oooh, plenty of pain, discomfort and swelling with the possibility of a bit of necrosis thrown in for good measure.

Of course there is no anti-venom and treatment would be symptomatic only.

Back