• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Latest of my corn - TANGO

It's a shame about the focus, but the photo shows off his colours nicely! :cheers:

Have you had him since he was a little hatchling?

Yes, the focus was a bit off - he moved forward just as I took it - then buggered off into his house. We have had him from about a month old so yes, more or less from a hatchling.
I attach another photo which gives a better sense of his size now and he is not very big - I think we got the runt of the litter! He is about 3 foot long and is thickening a bit but he is nowhere near where most snakes I have seen at his age are. True, we have never over-fed him and he does look very healthy so I am not worried but I'd like to get a nice full sized snake at some point!

Attachments

• Tango 002.jpg
    Tango 002.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 82
I hope no one minds me asking a question like this in the Photo section, but are Rocks/Pebbles like that OK for snake substrate? If so, it would seem IDEAL, since you would only have to wash the rocks, rather than replacing...

Savvy19 said:
I hope no one minds me asking a question like this in the Photo section, but are Rocks/Pebbles like that OK for snake substrate? If so, it would seem IDEAL, since you would only have to wash the rocks, rather than replacing...

I'd also like to know this as well....

I've used rocks/pebbles in a small dish for a photo background, but I would be worried about using pebbles in a tank. A stone might get stuck to the mouse & get swallowed along with the meal.

Mine also like to burrow into the aspen sometimes, that would be hard for them to do in a pebble substrate. (and tougher on their nose scales)

Back