• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lee Watsons

Charger9

I guess this post is aimed at people from Illinois and Wisconsin but does anyone know why Lee Watsons reptile swap is closing down in August and if they are moving the swap to a new location?

I think they're closing down so everyone can get their tat touched up. :sidestep:

regards,
jazz

They're going to be moving to Du Page County Fairgrounds, which should be nice because it has a lot more space and much better parking. ALthough they tend to double up on shows, so it will probably be a Gun show or Computer show at the same time, hopefully the reptiule show will get the bigger building.

Wait! I go to Lee Watson's all the time. I didn't know anyhting about this. I have not been there in a couple months. I lived so close to the original location, but the Dupage Co. Fairgrounds aren't too far either. Thanks for the heads up!

What would be funny is if they end up having a Rat or Mouse Fancier's Show at the same time as the Reptile Show. THAT could make for some interesting conversations in the parking lot, or at the feeder breeder's tables.

i heard about this and was meaning to go on the 16th of this month. is it a big thing, do lots of people show up? du page wouldnt be bad either

It is always crowded when I go, they have a good variety of reptiles for purchase. Last time they did not have many baby Corns but the breeders were all still waiting for this years clutches so I think they will have a lot for the July and August shows. They always have a ton of Kingsnakes it seems if you are interested in those.

New info about Lee Watson's... apparently now July 16 is the final show. There is a replacement show starting Aug 5 at DuPage County Fairgrounds. New website http://allanimalexpo.com/

Looks like the same basic show, although it's got the new website and claims 50 vendors when the old Lee Watson's site claimed over 100 vendors I beleive. No idea what reality was, I never counted. New show dates are listed on the site.

They're not going to be able to run it at the Crosswinds farm anymore because (as I understand it) the land was re-zoned by Streamwood.

I would be shocked if this didn't have anything to do with the condominium complex that was recently completed nextdoor... :rolleyes:

Serpwidgets said:
I would be shocked if this didn't have anything to do with the condominium complex that was recently completed nextdoor... :rolleyes:
I'll betcha thats what it was. They were probably complaining over all the cars being parked next door and what not. For only about a few hours every 2 weeks, whats that big deal? Sheesh! But I hope the fairgrounds prove to be just a good as lee watson's was.

Back