• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lidless Hatchling-Safe Commercial Rack

snakehobbyist

Does anyone know of a lidless rack system that's hatchling approved? I want one that is commercially made (because I'm not very good at DIY racks) but I also watch it to be essentially escape proof. I'm not really opposed to a rack that requires lids, but it seems like most racks are lidless. Next season will be my first season breeding corns and I want to have a hatchling rack ordered and on the way by the end of the year.

I was looking into this rack:http://www.reptilebasics.com/interdesign-32-or-68-tub-rack Any comments? I've already e-mailed Rich to ask about the gap between the tub and the rack. His gaps on the sweaterbox and CB-70 rack (I use these for my ball pythons and adult corns) are very, very minimal.

I've also looked into getting a custom made rack from Herptastic Reptiles (a facebook-based company). Chris just came out with a new line of XPVC racks and I had him quote me on building a 60 tub rack out of these containers for tubs ( http://dgc.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pDGC1-12185238v380.jpg ).

Do you think either of those options would work? Or do you suggest something completely different. I'm really open to options, but I would rather stick to commercially made and steer clear of melamine/wood-based racks. I like the look of XPVC and the fact that they hold heat well and are light weight. Not to mention, it pleases the slightly OCD part of me that likes all my racks to "match".

Back