• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

lighting

sam14847

I just got my husband two white albino baby corn snakes. We are still learning more about them. I would like to know what is the best time to keep the heat light on and how long should it be on?
Thanks
Sam

Lights are not realy necssaary for corn snakes, or any coulubrid, but if you must it would be best to turn the lights on at sunrise, and turn them off at sunset. This is especially good for temting them into breeding by simulating the lighting during breeding season in the wild.

It would be best to heat the cage via heat mat. Lights can supposedly dry out the cage, but the one tank I use a light on is fine.:)

Yeah, i agree with Mattsnake. Heatmats are best by them selves.
But for the vivs which i use heat bulbs on, i jus turn them on when I get up in the mornings and turn them off when I go to bed or at about 7pm- 8pm. The heatmat is on 24hrs a day.

Thanks

Alex

Make sure the heatpad doesn't get too hot...I had one (Exo-Terra 'Heat Wave') that went into the 100s. Right now I'm on a 75W light that's keeping it a comfy 84. Mine is in a 25-gallon, so the lamp's a good foot above the substrate.

I just turn it on in the morning, and off when I go to sleep. When I move him out of my bedroom eventually, I may or may not keep it on all night, depends on how my mother feels about that.

Back