• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Like Button

TheFrogman

Im just old
Can we get a "Like Button" please for posts that we like??

Its all the rave and everyone else has one...PLEASE !

;)

I have found myself wanting one of those here for months!! Everything from awesome pics to great comments and suggestions deserve quick easy recognition i think.

You know what I don't like about the "like" (or "thanks") button? I think it makes people not post actual comments. And I think people start to make comments that will garner "likes," not what they really think.

That's a whole different group of people than here. Well, some people in common, but a lot that don't come here any more.

I can't even see that page since I'm not on Facebook.

I use Facebook mainly for all the reptile auctions.
There's some good deals to be had!

I'm not a member of cornsnakes.com on Facebook. I was posting an option for people here wanting the "Facebook" experience connected to corn snakes.

I was really just trying to get the Smilies expanded :D
Even though sometimes I feel a little foolish using them, they definitely help convey the right inflection of the poster :)

I think some new smilies would be awesome!
Some that I've used on other sites and miss are:
I agree
popcorn
hugs
kisses
Thumbs up (which would be kinda like a "like")
I'm sure there are a few more but I haven't had enough coffee yet.

Here is a link with a bunch, some of them do not apply here at all. It's a forum for babywearing lol. Here is another link with a bunch. Again some of them don't apply here, it's a cloth diaper forum :laugh:

Is it horridly difficult to add smilie code??

New smilies would be fun.

And yes, the cornsnakes.com on Facebook is weird, you can give out the husbandry advice that you give here and people will rip out your throat.

Isn't this what the reputation system on this site is for? Or do you need some sort of public display that you like someone else's posts?

As for Facebook, I don't use it neither. A long while back I did create an account there and "friended" some people, but eventually every blasted "friend" resulted in spam being sent to me under their name. So I don't play there any longer.

BTW, I think it's pretty damned nervy that those people are using "cornsnakes.com" in the title of that Facebook group. It tries to imply that this site is directly related to that group, which is NOT the case.

Glad you cleared that up.
Before posting the link I did search it for common members of this site and did find a few right off.
I made the assumption ( ya I know ) that it was connected to yours based on common members and name.
My mistake and would of not posted it knowing it's not associated with this one.

Again not a Facebook fan. just mainly use it for auctions from some of the big reptile dealers.

Isn't this what the reputation system on this site is for? Or do you need some sort of public display that you like someone else's posts?

As for Facebook, I don't use it neither. A long while back I did create an account there and "friended" some people, but eventually every blasted "friend" resulted in spam being sent to me under their name. So I don't play there any longer.
It is :nodyes: A couple new smilies, for us silly smilie users :dunce: would be neat though.
Sometimes you just want to give a :thumbsup: and a :bowdown: so everyone can see that you agree :D :nyah:

BTW, I think it's pretty damned nervy that those people are using "cornsnakes.com" in the title of that Facebook group. It tries to imply that this site is directly related to that group, which is NOT the case.

What?!? Why on earth would they use a URL name that they don't own or aren't even part of? Unless it steers a lot of traffic here, I'd be peeved.

Wow, sorry, didn't mean to raise such a fuss, maybe we need to loosen our ties a little. I simply asked about a like button, a lot of forums use them and there is a difference between Likes and Rep. Like goes to the post and Rep goes to the user.

Why bring FB into this, I didn't mention it and personally I don't use Facebook.

Sorry, I'm way more concerned about a page copying the name of this community than a button to let people know you like what they've written. I don't even wear a tie, though.

+1

I don't think there's a need for public display, as it's already there via the hard, blood, sweat, and tear reworked reputation system. It doesn't show crazy numbers like it use to, but it still gets the point across if one remembers to click on the User CP to check it once and a while for reps.

I too grew tired of facebook, but more due to the narcissism and people I view as friends behaving totally different on there vs how I physically know them face to face. IMH blunt opinion, if someone wants likes (and mind you this IS NOT a dig at the OP) then they can go play on facebook.

I've been FB free for 2 years now and %^&* does it feel good!

Back