• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lilith

Bird

So I am new to this site but I've been reading different threads for a while I love the community the help people are willing to share.

So a while back my friend Eva got a corn snake from someone who was getting rid of theirs on kijiji (they said it was female so I'm going with that until someone tells me otherwise). The funny thing was Eva's mom took more interest to the snake than she did. Eventually it was decided that if Eva didn't want to take care of her then she should go to a new home which is where I came in. I recently finished a Co-op education at Little Rays Reptile Zoo and to them I was the perfect adopter.

I named her Lilith since Eva never decided on a name and shes been wonderful ever since I got her. She's never nipped at me she eats well and shes a complete cuddle bug. I lost her once in the first week for hours and it terrified me so much, I've never had another incident.

There was a question I had for anyone in the community. Lilith seems to get twice as active whenever my boyfriend is nearby. She'll start moving around peeking over objects and looking at him. From what I've read corn snakes don't have the best vision so I assumed it had something to do with heat but she only does it for him. We started joking that she must be an animagus and have a crush on him or something. We find it adorable I was just wondering if anyone had any insight into this.

Maybe she's curious about your boyfriend? I don't know if snakes get too curious about others, but I guess it's a possibility.
How did you decide on the name?
Oh, and by the way, welcome to the forum! :)

It was the name I had originally suggested to my friend. This may sound silly but she had only recently changed her name to Eva so I thought, Eve and Lilith the wives of Adam. Umm I don't mean to be insulting when I say that people can follow whatever they want but, it was a random fact my friend told me when she was in a religion class and it sparked my interest since I never knew it and anyone I knew that was into that kinda stuff never mentioned it and I think its a beautiful name...

Welcome! I believe you have competition for your boyfriend!!!

I have one boy who is in a 55 gallon tank and follows me back and forth as I pass, he LOVES to be held and raises up when I open the top to take him out. He just slithers into my arm. I do think some snakes develop an attachment to humans. Just watch for the signs like when he smells like snake perfume, starts coming home later and later, and there are tiny lipstick marks on his collar! :roflmao:

I love the name, and don't ever feel bad about explaining it. Many people here choose a topic and name their kiddos, from Beatles songs to ice cream flavors! WHEN (not if, they become a habit, I promise you!) you get your next one you can keep the bible name theme going. There are some great bible names.

Thank you. I'm definitely keeping an eye on them ;)

I already catch myself wondering if we have room for more. There are a couple local reptile rescues that I keep an eye on.

I like the "Bible-themed" names, there are some really cool ones in there.
I thought Lilith was, like, some sort of demon or something? I looked the name up for something and I only got demon stuff, not Adam's wife.
Either way, it's a beautiful name. :)

It's okay she's often depicted with demons and snakes. Because of the part of the story where she refuses to be subservient and leaves adam often shes thought of as the consort of satan but that just sounds like bitter name calling to me;). Generally the name is more know in Occult, fantasy and horror genres because of it. The mention it in the intro to the wikipedia article Lilith but the page is only good if you trust the sources.:shrugs:

It's okay she's often depicted with demons and snakes. Because of the part of the story where she refuses to be subservient and leaves adam often shes thought of as the consort of satan but that just sounds like bitter name calling to me;). Generally the name is more know in Occult, fantasy and horror genres because of it. The mention it in the intro to the wikipedia article Lilith but the page is only good if you trust the sources.:shrugs:

Oh, I didn't know any of that. All I know about her is from what "Supernatural" fans on social media have said lol. :)

Back