• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Little aggressive!

Fordie

Heya, have only just joined this forum thingy. Got a baby amber about 4weeks ago, that turned out to have an internal parasite from somewhere and died within about a week! Not good stuff at all!!!
Got over that bit, then ventured out and got another, this one seems to be perfectly healthy which i am happy about, i have given it plenty of time to relax and get used to its new surroundings and it eats very well.
Tried to get her out the other day to start handling etc and she just flew out of her cage and behind the drawers! Managed to carefully shift the drawers and she darted across my bedroom floor, a caught her in my hand (gently) and she struck at me, then again and again. She finally caught me and i didnt panic, just let her get it over with. Is this right or wrong? And what made her be like this in the first place?
Any answers much appreciated
Thanx

Ps:

How long should i give her to settle down after her mini frenzy? My main concern is her speed at escaping the cage when the lid is off, literally about half a second! Dont want her to get lost or something like that.
Thanks

Perfectly normal behavior for a baby corn. Remember, they see you as a giant predator that wants to eat them. Just keep handling her and she will eventually settle down. Start with about 10 minutes a day, and gradually work your way up to holding her as long as you want. She will try to escape, and may strike at you, but just be gentle and persistent and she'll be OK.

Back