• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Live plant question

cimckee

Too Ambitious
I use a couple of other live plants in my setup already, but in an effort to add more asthetic quality to my viv I purchased a Philodendron to plant inside of it. After reading a little bit about philodendrons I came across the fact that they are poisonos if swallowed by humans. Does anyone know if the same is true for snakes and what the odds are of him actually taking a bite out of one of the leaves?

I don't think there's a chance he'll eat it, but they could break off leaves and branches and get sap or whatever smeared and perhaps get contaminated that way. I'm not certain that it is toxic to snakes anyway. I used pothos in my viv and philodendron is similar to that. I finally went to silk, as the snakes just beat the crap out of the plants crawling around. They look just as nice, and the snakes can climb in them all they want without total destruction. They're easy to clean as well.

i would stick with silk plants mate they are easy cheap and best of all can be washed eather by hand or by dishwasher any way the choice is yours

Back