• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Look at that eye! Charcoal Ghost

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
charcoalghost45.jpg

Man, that's a DARK eyeball! Looks like it's all pupil!

I vant to suck your blood,..

does he/she seem overly sensitive to the light?....

reminds me of when I had to have my eyes diluted,.. I thought I looked kinda vampireish, so does this guy,.... that could be a neat movie, "Attack of the Vampire Snakes!"

lol another cheesy snake movie to feed on those fears that people have against snakes!!! Hehe I would still go see it LoL

You can see the pupil there, but the iris is SO dark, it's difficult to differentiate! Rich, does it look like it's a dark blue eye, or is it just brown or black?

Also,

Isn't that the miami that couldn't make up its mind what color it wanted to be on top there? If that's the same clutch, it has a LOT of cool stuff floating around in it!

(Do you ever get to be too old to talk about "stuff" being "cool"?)

Darin

Hi Rich,
Great little snake!! What kind of light source do you use in your photos? I see two lights reflected in the snakes eyes.
Jimmy C.

LOL....Jimmy,
if you can see the two lights, and you look at little beneth the lights you can actually see a little happy face on the eye. LOL...

Love that snake! Very cute and nice!

LOL, Hey Simon I think that its Rich's reflection grinning ear to ear about all his 2002 babies.LOL
Jimmy C.

I use a bracket on my camera that allows me to mount two flashes on both sides of the camera. This allows me to take closeups that would otherwise have the lens itself blocking the flash from hitting the subject. It also helps to remove the very harsh shadows that you will see from a single point source of light.

Maybe if the batteries aren't dead on my older Mavica camera, I'll use it to take a photo of my gear.

Thanks Rich,
I have used one flash but I used a black back ground so you cant see the shadows.
Thanks again,
Jimmy C.

fuji_s1.jpg

Here's a photo of my Fuji FinePix S1 Pro with the bracket and flashes mounted.

BTW, Jimmy, be careful using the black background. Cameras are designed to average out the frame for a proper exposure, so unless you are using spot metering or underexposing your shot, you can often wash out the subject. More of the flash will be reflected from the subject than from the background, so TTL metering sometimes gets confused by this.

If you have to figure this out manually, the general rule of thumb is to overexpose for a light background, and underexpose for a dark one.

Rich, you take this big thing to make all your pix???
also the hatchlings???

>This allows me to take closeups that would otherwise have the >lens itself blocking the flash from hitting the subject

that´s probably the most stressfull problem I have!!!
but I could find a flash that I like...some look like crap (I´m not willing to pay a few hundreds bugs for some toy looking plastik flash!!!) others using specuial batteries and so on....

Back