• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

looking for feeding info

bulldogdanny79

ok. i got a baby corn snake last week. im not having anyyyy problems at all with it. ive been exp. with ball pythons for a little while now. i was just looking for some input on how many pinky mice i should feed it at a time .. if more than one. and how often he should be fed,... i under stand feeding is tied together with how fast he will grow. its tiny right now id like it to get a little bigger fast. but then slow down some after. thanks for any input
26026_115575821799612_100000415840671_189264_3663400_n.jpg

26026_115690788454782_100000415840671_189749_589617_n.jpg

Go with the 1.0-1.5 girth rule. A prey item should be within that range. When pinkies get to the 1.0 area, double them until the corn is big enough for fuzzies. With pinks, you can feed every 5 days. Just make sure the temps are right. And I would recommend getting another hide so you can put one on the warm side and one on the cool side. Plenty of aspen to burrow in is good too.

Oh, and since you have such a tall cage, why don't you get some sticks and put them in there for the corn to climb on? Bit of a waste of space without them!

This is the (apparently famous) "Munson Plan" for Corns. Gives a stage-by-stage guide to feeding a Corn from hatchling to adult size (usually about 3 years old).

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106&highlight=munson+plan

It's not set in stone. Different Corns metabolise food at different rates, so you might need to tweak it as you go along. But it's an excellent starting point and many Corns are fed according to these guidelines all their life.

Don't worry about growing your Corn fast - powerfeeding isn't good for their health and tends to make them put on body fat rather than muscle. Slow and steady will do the trick.

They like to feel secure, so I agree with Shenzi about hides. I stuff as many hides and ground cover in as I can fit. Helps them thermoregulate and oddly, means you might see them out and about a bit more.

Welcome to the hobby!

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2_JksCz7h8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2_JksCz7h8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

Back