• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Looking for Thermometer/Thermostat advice

PatrickBateman

Do you like Huey Lewis?
I am looking to get a decent probe thermometer and a decent thermostat for my snakes house.

What would you recommend?

I was thinking about buying this one:
http://www.amazon.com/ReptTemp-Thermostat-Remote-Sensor-Reptiles/dp/B0002AQD9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1218578083&sr=8-1

It doesn't look like it has a temperature read out on it, so i guess I'll have to get a thermometer too.

I can't seem to find a good looking probe thermometer on amazon. Maybe I am typing in the wrong keywords for what I need.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'd go with the BAH thermostat and the dual-probed thermometer. I have a bunch of those thermometers in use. I have noticed, as they get older, they are starting to read high. I ought to replace batteries in one and see what happens. This is happening in about 1/4 of them.

Back