• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lost snake please help!

xbveilsidedx

About a month ago, I bought a 4ft corn snake at a reptile store. Bought a viv, lights, hiding place, aspen bedding, etc. Being a first time snake owner, I was pretty excited about my new pet but I ran into a huge problem.

One day, I left my pet in a box with a thawed out mouse and accidentally left my house to go eat, COMPLETELY forgetting about the new pet I had left in my room. Lo and behold, after 15 minutes I walk back into my room and the snake is gone. With the mice still there T.T

Frantically, I looked everywhere looking in every dark, quiet, spot I could possibly find. Flipped everything inside out, and still nothing. Overnight, I left out some water, basking light, and a hiding spot hoping he would be in there, but nothing.

My house is two stories, with 4 bedrooms upstairs. I've ruled out my room, and my brothers room across the hall, having checked every inch of the rooms. However, after almost destroying the other two rooms looking for the snake, I've also ruled out that the snake is not upstairs. Who knows maybe I haven't looked hard enough?

My question is: How can I lure my snake out? I've heard that snakes like warm, dark, places. Funny thing is, the 1st story is constantly ice cold, having wooden floors and windows constantly open. However, upstairs is very warm, carpeted, and has many hiding places. Could my snake be upstairs or downstairs? And how would I be able to make sure? How would I be able to lure out the snake? It's a 4ft foot snake, I didn't think it would be so hard to find T.T

Please help! Any suggestions would be great!

Back