• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lump still noticeable after feeding

chag67

Last feeding was Feb 24. It was a fuzzy that was too big. 10 days after feeding, Ty still has a noticeable lump like he is still digesting. And I haven't noticed any poop in his viv.

photo1_zps79829772.jpg

photo2_zpscb1218f1.jpg

photo3_zpsbda598c1.jpg

Should I be worried?
I plan on skipping his scheduled feeding this Sunday and wait until next Sunday.

I definitely would skip the feeding. Are his temps okay? I'd be concerned. I've fed my snakes some pretty big meals once in a while, and the lump still was gone within 2-3 days.

Temps are good. Warm side gage directly on the glass reads 85 F. There is about 2 inches of aspen on top of glass. Ambient air temp hovers around 65 at night and 70 to 75 during day.

Temps sound okay, lower night temps than I prefer, but by no means bad when the warm side stays consistent. I guess that was just a really huge meal.. I'd definitely skip feeding a until that lump goes away.

Back