• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Lurker coming to say hello!

cuideag

Hi there! I am known as cuideag on the internets and I have very recently fallen in love with the marvelous corn snake. My fiance and I currently have four of these beauties thanks to a very sweet breeder at the Lone Star Reptile Expo in Arlington, Texas. I've been lurking on these forums for a bit, picking up insight and tips from the community and I thought I should register and say hello!

So... howdy! I enjoy sci-fi, video games, crochet, and fried food. My favorite color is grey, my favorite movie is probably The Big Lebowski, and I have a cat who thinks he's a dog. If I could be an animal, I would be an octopus.

Now, let me show y'all our babies. Apologies in advance for low quality, but I can't find my real camera. :(

thessaly_sm.png

That's Thessaly, a female hypomelanistic. I think she looks a little on the strawberry side but I am not really sure but either way she is a sweet little beauty. She is named after the witch in Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

ghost_sm.png

There's the cleverly named Ghost, a female vanishing ghost stripe. She's as inquisitive as can be and is a very, very good eater. So far she has outgrown her 'sis' by about an inch and she's shed twice since we got her in October. She is named after my fiance's lack of imagination.

castiel_sm.png

One of our two new additions is Castiel, a male snow. He's still small enough to be very skittish and he loves to burrow under aspen. I'm really eager to see how his colors will pan out when he's bigger!

ruby_sm.png

And finally, here is Ruby, a female blood red. She really doesn't like to sit still for the camera! She and her 'bro' are both named after characters from the TV show, Supernatural. (Yes, we are massive dorks.)

Welcome!!! Another video game crochet loving nerd, woo! :D Lovely little snakies you have!! I love that vanishing stripe, such a sweet face! My first corn was a snow, he grew up to be gorgeous! (has since passed away though :()

I am also quite partial to cephalopods...I lurve me some little octopi and squids XD

Oh and yes...welcome to your new addiction bwahaha!

Thanks for the welcomes, guys! :)

Also, octopi are mad rad is why! Super smart, color changing, killer predators! What's not to like? :D

High fives, Zombiegirl. High fives forever.

Hello and welcome to the addiction. Very nice babies especially the vanishing stripe. Cephalopods are fun to play with especially when you put their food in things like a hamster ball for enrichment purposes (my wife Jamie worked at an aquarium).

Back