• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Make Shift Nursery Rack

northwestcorns

I have raised lots of baby snakes in this set-up and I love it. I use the Sterilite containers and since I don't like to put individual UTH on each, AND since about 3 years ago I bought several feet of this heat wire (can't remember the real name for it), here is the set-up I have used. It works great and keeps the warm end at around a steady 80 and the cool end at room temp (usually about 74 in our house).

I can't remember who asked about set-ups for hatchlings the other day, but this one is nice and I keep them in here for about 6 mos to a year, depending on type of snake. Then I graduate them to a 20L.

Sterilite Containers 16 Qt/15L container with securely locking lid
Air holes drilled about every 2 inches along all sides
Aspen substrate
Small water container, porcelain as that is easy to keep clean and disinfected
A small hide of some sort on the "warm" end.

The little ones will often bury themselves under the aspen on the cool end and go into their little hides on the warm end. I have used the Paper towel roll technique, but it gets annoying to throw them away every time the baby poops inside it.

Anyway, this has worked great for me and if someone else wants to use and thinks it'll work for them, cool.

Shelley

Attachments

• Baby box.jpg
    Baby box.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Nursery.jpg
    Nursery.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 37
Back